As we age our skin changes and the underlying bone and fatty support is reduced. Understanding how our faces age assists us determine the appropriate treatment. Dermal fillers are perfect for restoring skin quality, facial volume, facial contours and balancing asymmetries.
- Restore cheek volume and contour to improve sagging and jowls
- Improve tired eye lines (tear trough)
- Improve sad mouth appearance (marionette)
- Reduce nose to mouth lines (naso labial folds)
- Soften smile lines (accordion lines)
- Restore jaw and chin definition
- Beautify and balance lips
- Improve lip lines (smokers lines)
- Create facial harmony with temple area rejuvenation
- Hydrate and smooth skin of the face, neck, décolletage and hands
We love beautiful natural results and understand every client ages differently. A treatment plan will be devised with you, looking at the right sequence of treatment in order to look your best now and into the future. Prior to your treatment Dr May Marr will meet with you via video consultation and we will discuss the risks and potential complications associated with your procedure.
Feel free to contact us
Questions we can answer?
What are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers are also made of hyaluronic acid and are manufactured as a clear gel of varying thicknesses. When injected it binds with water to produce a plumping effect and improves hydration.
We have a range of fillers to choose from and will select the most appropriate to address fine lines, deeper lines, contour, and facial structure.
What happens at my first visit?
We will ask you to complete a health questionnaire on arrival.
We like our clients to know how their faces change over time and why that influences the choice of treatments now and into the future.
Treatment can be done on the same day but some clients like to take some time to consider the information provided. What matters most to us is you have all the information needed to make a decision that you feel happy and confident about.
When will I see a result?
Swelling is normal after treatment but most people are able to return to work straight away.
Remember to plan your treatment around special events. Swelling and bruising can take up to 2 weeks to settle.
What are the potential side effects and complications?
- pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- breast feeding
- with active infection in the area to be treated
- who are unwell at the time of treatment
- who are planning dental procedures within 8 weeks of treatment
- who have had vaccinations in the 3 months prior
- who have an allergy to the known components of the product
- under age 18yrs
- Redness at the injection site
- Bruising is a possibility any time the skin is pierced.
- Infection at the injection site is rare.
- Allergy to the product or its components is rare.
- Compromised blood flow to to the skin causing skin breakdown is rare
- Blindness- extremely rare
- Stroke- extremely rare
Your safety is paramount. This is why we take time at your consultation to know your health history, assess the potential for complication and discuss the treatment fully with you. Remember Dermal filler treatment is a medical procedure. While complications are rare it is essential for you to make an informed medical consent.
We use best practice techniques to provide the safest environment and procedure.
We use cannula (blunt needle) technique where possible to reduce the risk of complications.
Will it hurt?
For most filler procedures we use a small amount of local anaesthetic injected into the skin which makes the procedure very comfortable.
The dermal filler product also has local anaesthetic within it to increase comfort.
It is common for the area to feel tender after treatment but Paracetamol should be sufficient to reduce this.
How long will it last?
- Your general health and skin health
- The area being treated
- Areas of high movement
- The type of concern to be addressed
- The type of filler used
- The rate of natural volume loss over time.
As a guide:
- Lips 3 – 12 months
- Cheeks 9 months – 2 years
- Temples 6 – 12 months
- Jawline 9 months – 2 years
- Fine lines: 1-3 treatments lasting up to 1 year
- Nasolabial folds 6 -12 months
We adhere to best practice and do not compromise the sterility of our products by separating syringes into smaller amounts.